Plain Tile Vent
It's time to get the job done.
You can stop condensation before it becomes damp.
The Plain Tile Vent makes it easy to vent your loft, bathroom extractor fan, or soil vent pipe.
It's Never Been Easier to Vent Your Home
- Installation - One vent replaces 3 tiles
Colour matching - So your roof looks untouched
- Find the right product - Follow the steps below
Delivery - Free on all orders
- Returns - Free 30-day returns (no questions asked!)
The Problem with Roof Ventilation
Everything you do at home generates heat. And all that heat rises through the ceilings into your loft.
So your loft needs to breathe.
You would think that’s a built-in feature. But it’s not.
On older houses, the roof was installed with a breathable membrane or nothing at all.
And the effectiveness of both options is questionable.
The Solution? — The Beddoes Products Plain Tile Vent
The Plain Tile Vent is a simple solution for roof ventilation.
You can even connect your bathroom extractor fan or soil vent pipe — just add a pipe adaptor.
Choosing Your Product
The most important part of ordering a roof tile vent? Buying the right one!
The Plain Tile Vent is compatible with:
Concrete, clay or machine made plain roof tiles.
- Length of tile area – 265 mm
- Length (total) – 337 mm including flange/overlap
- Width (total) – 495 mm
- Width of 1 tile – 165 mm per tile (3 tiles in total)
Not what you're looking for? Try our full collection of Roof Tile Vents.
Choosing Your Package
You can select your colour from the colour drop-down menu.
You can request a colour match by email to email@example.com.
This option is perfect for loft ventilation.
If you're not connecting to any pipework, now or in the future, this option is all you need.
Vent + Pipe Adaptor
The pipe adaptor connects the vent to extraction units via existing pipework.
Diameter - 110mm
You can buy the pipe adaptor separately later here: pipe adaptor
Vent + Pipe Adaptor + Flexible Pipe
The flexible pipe provides a high-quality flexible connection between the roof tile vent and existing pipework.
It can extend between lengths of 250mm - 550mm.
Adjustable ties allow diameters between 120mm - 77mm.
You can buy the flexible pipe separately later here: flexible pipe
What's It For?
The Plain Tile Vent is an almost-invisible solution to 2 problems:
- Ventilation of a roof space
A retrofit solution to condensation in the roof space.
- Soil or mechanical extraction
A terminal for soil vent pipes or mechanical extraction units - most commonly bathroom extraction.
Airflow resistance charts are available on request to determine the suitability of the product when used in conjunction with extraction units.
How Do You Install It?
Installation is simple.
One unit replaces 3 tiles. No tile or batten cutting is required. The roofing felt needs a diagonal cut for the throat of the ventilator to pass through.
Cut and fold out the felt underlay. Position the tile vent. Nail securely and continue tiling.
The Technical Part
- UK designed and manufactured
- Made from thermoplastic
- 3-tile format
- Upper cover containing a grille in the visible area of the tile
- An underbase collects and discharges rainwater back to the roof
- The grille also acts as an insect screen and a baffle against wind-driven rain
- Minimum roof pitch - 22.5 degrees
- The 4mm grille allows an airflow capacity of 7,500mm² per unit
- One tile vent at 0.75 metre centres achieves the equivalent of 10,000mm² per linear metre at low level
- One tile vent at 1.50 metre centres achieves the equivalent of 5,000mm² at high level